Summer Safety Reminders
June 18, 2015
Yay! It’s here; the time of year we get to see our neighbors again and spend some time out in the warmth and remember that the grass is green, flowers are colorful and trees do have leaves. While there’s great joy getting out into the sun and enjoying the heat, it’s also a good time to reminded of important summer safety tips.
Many of these are basic but always good to just bring from the back of the mind to the front when having fun at the apartment pool!
* When with a child under 5, it’s good to have someone there as well who knows CPR.
* Have your cell phone with you (you always do anyway) and other rescue equipment nearby. All our pools are equipped with a life preserver.
* Consider swimming lessons for the kids. Heck, even if you know how to swim, taking lessons on proper swimming styles could mean great workouts for you!
Peak sun activity is 10a.m. to 4p.m.
* For kids, minimum SPF 15 sunscreen is recommended to all parts of the body not covered with light clothing. This doesn’t just mean when lounging around the pool This means when out at the playground, pool or walking the neighborhood.
* Wear a hat and sunglasses.
* You need sunscreen every two hours.
*Children need life jackets at all times.
*Blow-up toys or rafts are not personal flotation devices or water rescue devices.
*Don’t drink and boat. It’s no different than your car and can be more dangerous.
Get out there and enjoy the summer! Grill out, get fresh air…but be safe!