Memorial Day Weekend: What to Do in the Madison Area
May 24, 2018
- When: Friday May 25th through Monday May 28th
- Where: Alliant Energy Center
- What: Enjoy the FREE festival with music and entertainment — food/drinks available to purchase.
- Visit: https://www.bratfest.com/ for more information!
Dane County Farmer’s Market
- When: Every Saturday on the square, 6:15am – 1:45pm
- What: Lots of fresh vegetables, cheese, pastries, and coffee supporting local farms and businesses in the Madison area.
- Visit: https://dcfm.org/ for more information!
Rent A Madison BCycle For the Day
- What: Want to go biking but don’t have a bike? Rent a Madison BCycle for the day!
- Bike rentals are just $6 for the entire day, and you can use the bike for 30 minutes at a time. You can start your day by picking up a bike off of Observatory Drive and bike down to the square along Lake Mendota for the Farmer’s Market. There are places to dock your bike all around the Madison area, and one of them is right near the square. After that, grab another bike and bike down to the union for some lunch. Don’t forget to check out the incredible view from Picnic Point! Simple, easy and great exercise!
- Visit: https://madison.bcycle.com/ for bike docking locations and more information!
Visit a Wisconsin State Park
- Where: All over the state! There are two right in the Madison area, Governor Nelson and Capital Springs, or take a short drive to Wisconsin’s most popular park, Devil’s Lake!
- What: Go for a hike, rent a canoe or kayak for the lake, or catch some sun on the beach!
- Visit: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/findapark.html for more information!
West Madison Agricultural Research Station
- Where: Located just past Target on Mineral Point Road, there are many beautiful flowers and plants to check out this time of the year. Peonies are in full bloom, and this garden is beautiful!
- Visit: https://westmadison.ars.wisc.edu/ for more information!
Wisconsin Brewing Company Piano Night
- When: Sunday May 27th from 4-7pm
- What: Grab your friends or significant other and head to the Wisconsin Brewing Company in Verona! “Back by popular demand – Piano Fondue! Enjoy a night of listening to all your favorites as two wonderfully talented pianists due it out. Food from Freeman Brothers BBQ will be available to purchase! Carry-in food is allowed, outside alcohol is not.”
- Visit: http://www.wisconsinbrewingcompany.com/calendar for more information!