5 Ways to Save Money While Living in an Apartment
June 21, 2018
Hoping to save some cash while loving where you live? Check out these great ways to help you save some money while living in your apartment!
- Utilize your apartment’s amenities such as the fitness center, pool, tanning bed, business center, etc. Get rid of that $25 monthly gym membership and instead use your apartment’s facility. Same with a printer, save money and go print items at your apartment’s business center. Love to tan but hate the monthly price? Use your apartment’s tanning facility. Also, if you’re fortunate enough to live at a property with a pool, you are able to save money on pool memberships in the area!
- Watch your utility bills when you go on vacation or while you are gone for work. If you’re not there, why have any lights on or have the air conditioning on full blast? Simple things such as turning the air conditioning from 76 degrees to 71 degrees while you are gone can really add up after a month!
- Referrals can be another great way to make a little extra cash! Know someone moving to the area that is looking for an apartment and has a similar budget? Just let them know about the property! If you live at a McKenzie Apartment Company property and they write your name as their referral on their application, you will get $250.00 as long as they are approved and sign a 12-month lease!
- Roommates could also be a possible money saver! Typically, a two-bedroom apartment would be cheaper if divided by two people than if someone just rented a one bedroom themselves. Just make sure you get along with the other person and you’re able to physically live with them!
- Dog Walking/Pet Sitting Service. There are always tenants looking for someone to let their dog out at lunch if they are travelling for the day or would like someone to take their dog on a walk after work if they are working late. Check with your property manager to make sure it is okay to post a note on a community bulletin board so other tenants can see your services!
Do you have any ways that you like to save while living in an apartment? We’d love to hear in the comments below!