A Madison, WI Fall Bucket List
October 12, 2018
Fall Bucket List: Madison, WI Edition
It’s one of our favorite times of the year. The crisp fall weather, the pretty fall foliage, and of course pumpkin everything! We’re taking you through a few of our favorite fall activities around the Madison area. Many of them are budget friendly, perfect for families, or even first dates! Read below and let us know your favorite fall activity in the comments.
- Corn Maze @ Treinen Farm
- Treinen Farm Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch LLC is in Lodi, WI located at W12420 State Road 60. They have a 200+ acre farm that they turn into a themed corn maze in fall. It’s fun, a challenging activity for both adults and children. For more information visit: http://treinenfarm.com/
- UW Football Game – Go Badgers!
- Even if you don’t have tickets to a home UW Football Game, you can still go downtown and have fun with all the pregame festivities. The band usually plays at the Union closest to the Stadium before the game, and there’s lot of great games for children, and food/drinks for everyone.
- Farmer’s Market
- This is a fun activity for Saturday mornings. Whether you just want to go down to the capitol to walk around and drink coffee, or you’re needing to buy mums and pumpkins, this is the place to be. The last day for the outdoor capitol market is November 7th. It can get very busy, so try to go early to get the best selection of your favorites. For more information visit: https://dcfm.org/
- UW Madison Arboretum
- For a relaxing activity you must visit the Arboretum. It is beautiful in the fall, and the perfect Saturday or Sunday activity. For more information visit: https://arboretum.wisc.edu/
- Pumpkin and Apple Picking at Eple Gaarden in Fitchburg, WI
- Apples are still available for picking, and they have delicious cider and donuts available for purchase. Complete with hayrides through the apple orchard, it truly is the perfect fall activity for anyone. They have a large pumpkin patch where you can find the perfect ones for your front porch! For more information visit: http://www.eplegaarden.com/
- Drive to Devil’s Lake for a Day Hike
- Just a quick drive from Madison, Devil’s Lake is stunning in the fall. The changing leaves, the glistening water, and crisp fall air is the ultimate combination for a beautiful fall day hike. Take some water and snacks and try to make the hike up the bluff. If you’re daring, go around the entire lake for some great exercise!
- Wisconsin Brewing Company
- Of course, after a long week at work, everyone deserves a happy hour. Wisconsin Brewing Company in Verona, WI has it all! You can bring the entire family, even your dogs, and they have lots of delicious beers on tap and soda for children. They encourage you to even bring your own food in to pair with your drinks! For more information visit: http://www.wisconsinbrewingcompany.com/
Have you done any of our favorite fall activities? Let us know in the comments below and Happy Fall! 😊