Moving Soon? Make Sure To Change Your Address!
March 12, 2020
We understand moving to a new place can be overwhelming and you likely have a long list of items you want to accomplish during the transition. Making sure your address is changed is big part of a move and can be quite the task to ensure everything is updated timely. You need to change your address with numerous accounts and not just the United States Postal Office. We encourage you to use this list and make your move a bit easier!
Here are a list of companies and people you should notify of your address change to ensure you will get your mail delivered at your new address:
- Local Post Office – you can go to your local post office and change your address, or you can do it online
- Employer – for W2 and paycheck purposes
- IRS – you can print out and mail in the IRS’ Change of Address form
- DMV – change your license address by visiting your local DMV
- Bank / Credit Card Companies
- Medical Clinics
- Phone / Cable / Internet / Utility Companies
- Insurance Companies (health, dental, renters or home, car)
- Amazon (there is always an automatic default address) or other online ordering accounts
- Any auto-ship programs (prescriptions, monthly subscription boxes)
- Voter Registration
- Family and Friends
We hope this list helps you out during a stressful move!