We are working to keep our apartments safe and pleasant for our residents. We use screening procedures to evaluate each prospective resident before we rent. These procedures are listed below. Reasons why an applicant may be rejected are also listed. We urge you to read this information carefully before you complete an application. Please talk to the Property Manager if you have any questions or need information.
- WHO MUST APPLY: Each adult applicant over 18 years of age must fill out an application completely. Each application must be signed to be considered. If any information on the application is false, the application will not be approved.
- INCOME REQUIREMENTS: We require applicants to have a verifiable monthly income of three (3) times the rent or show evidence of actual ability to pay the rental amount. Evidence of actual ability to pay the rental amount shall mean demonstrated ability to pay both comparable income-to-rent ratio and a comparable rent amount over the past twenty-four (24) months with income from any lawful source or combination of lawful sources. We consider increases in expenses and debts compared to the prior twenty-four (24) month period when calculating the evidence of the actual ability to pay the rental amount. If you are self-employed, you must submit the most recent three (3) months of bank statements showing income.
- RENTAL HISTORY: Applicants must have a successful rental history. If an applicant has been evicted from a previous apartment for non-payment of rent, behavior that includes disturbance, threatening other persons, damaging an apartment, or other reasons, the application will be rejected.
- CREDIT CHECK: Credit checks will be run on all adult applicants. If your credit is significantly negative, it will be investigated before you can be approved.
- CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: Criminal background checks will be run on all adult applicants. Applicants will not be accepted for residency who have been convicted of: 1) a disturbance of neighbors, 2) violence to persons or destruction of property, 3) a drug related crime or 4) the manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance.
- OCCUPANCY: Studio/One Bedroom: No more than two (2) people. Two Bedroom: No more than four (4 people) and no more than 2 (two) unrelated adults per bedroom. Children under the age of 2 are not included in the calculation.
- PETS: Blackhawk Trails, Siena Ridge, and Legacy ONLY. Please ask about restricted dog breeds and pet friendly buildings. If your dog is a restricted breed according to McKenzie Apartment Company guidelines, your application will be rejected.