8 Ways To Decorate Your (Small) Apartment For The Holiday Season
December 12, 2018
You may have a studio apartment or limited square-footage to call your own, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go big with your holiday décor! Just because you may have a small kitchen, or no space for a real christmas tree doesn’t mean you can’t still make your apartment ready for holiday parties! Keep reading, for we’ve got you covered this Christmas with 8 decorating ideas that will fill your home with festivity and cheer for the holiday season!
- Kitchen Cabinet Décor
- Tie ribbons to small wreaths or ornaments and secure them to the back of your kitchen cabinets. Just a few will add a gorgeous touch for the holiday & make it extra festive when baking Christmas cookies!
- Use Lights Whenever Possible
- Grab some twinkle lights from Target for around $5 and add them throughout your house. Weave them around your pillows, or around a mirror to add some sparkle!
- Add a holiday wreath to an end table, console, or even the back of your counter bar stools for a festive touch.
- Small Trees
- This is ideal for rooms lacking in square footage. Keep it simple with a small holiday tree that you can put in a corner of your apartment. Add some twinkle lights and decorate around it for that will brighten up the area!
- Use Pops of Red Where You Can
- A pretty red candle, some red ribbon bows, or holly – red is such a great holiday color when used in moderation!
- Dress Up Your Bar Stools/Chairs
- Add a simple wreath to the back of your counter chairs or kitchen chairs, such a beautiful touch for the Christmas season!
- Holiday Home Scent
- If you’re feeling crafty, you can make your own holiday scent to diffuse throughout your apartment, or you can buy holiday diffusers to make your whole home smell like Christmas!
- Swap Everyday Décor
- Pillows and throw blankets are perfect to switch up for the season. Adding a holiday red pillow or a festive plaid blanket will really change up your space.